For the most part, setting up a new office isn’t complicated, but it can be a lot of work… a lot of extremely mundane and time-consuming work. A good checklist can help get your head around all the areas you need to cover to create a pleasant and productive working space. We outline the office furniture essentials required for a smooth running workspace, and tell you how to pick just right for your company’s image.
- First, plan your entire work area by figuring out which sections will house which teams.
- Draft an approximate requirement of furniture for each of these sections.
- You’ll have an idea of your overall budget. Once you know your furniture requirements, decide how to allocate your funds.
Why Renting Office Furniture Makes Sense
- Asset light: Why sink thousands of dollars into furniture that will depreciates to half its value as soon as it touches your new hardwood floors?
- No extra costs: Renting furniture eliminates the costs of maintenance and cleaning.
- Doorstep delivery: At CasaOne, we offer our delivery service, along with set-up and assembly, completely free of cost.
- Easy swaps: Need an upgrade or swap? We’ll sort you out with whatever you want in no time.
- Fast set-up: Whether you need one desk or 30, we’ll have your space up and running as quickly as 72 hours.
- Flexible terms: Our contracts are easily extendable. Need furniture for just a few days over or under your contract? We’ll easily work something out for you.
Step One: Measure up
Once you have narrowed your furniture needs, measure up your individual spaces so that you know the dimensions of each room and don’t risk overcrowding or under furnishing. When you browse for furniture, you can roughly approximate where each piece will fit and how it’ll look when set up.
When measuring out space for each employee’s seating space, remember not to make it cut to cut – you’ll have to factor in movement around the desk and chair so that they’re comfortable, have their fair share of personal space, and can interact with their team easily.
Step Two: Make a Good Impression
The furniture in your office gives your potential clients and employees a first impression of your business. At CasaOne, we provide aesthetically-pleasing, great-quality furniture that is clean, comfortable, and in tip-top condition. For a fraction of the price of buying, the luxury furniture you rent will give your visitors the best possible first impression of your organisation.
Step Three: Think Hard About Employee Comfort
Quality furniture doesn’t just look good; it feels good. The small tweaks that go into expensive furniture go a long way. A desk that just the right height to avoid an uncomfortable hunch (see desks on rent). Or a chair, curved subtly for lumbar support to keep you comfortable for hours on end.
This is crucial as your employees spend approximately half their waking day on the furniture you provide. When your employees feel good, they work better – so renting great quality furniture can boost morale and your organisation’s overall productivity.
At CasaOne, experts carefully choose office furniture from the best brands. This furniture doesn’t just look stylish and professional, it’s ergonomically designed for comfort from 9 to 5, working overtime when you do, too. See awesome office chairs for rent.
Step Four: Consider Office Style & Brand Identity
Talk to us about your brand image and we’ll help you curate pieces that perfectly portray the right identity through a carefully considered selection of furnishings. Our staff is always available, on the phone and on email, to suggest the pieces that’ll work well together in your office.
Whether you are looking for serious, business-like workspaces with a more relaxed lounge area for a corporate office, or a quirky conference room and laid back motley crue of desks and chairs for a startup space, we have thousands of choices that fit the bill.
Step Five: Choose Fabric Accordingly
According to the room or area you are furnishing, get your upholstery to match. For example, plush black or deep brown leatherette chairs lend a more luxurious look to a conference room, while poly linen, in a range or colors, is a comfortable, breathable fabric perfect for bright office and lounge chairs.
When it comes to office furniture, employee comfort should be one of your top priorities. Their happiness results in your business’s productivity. Don’t forget to consult your staff on their inputs and suggestions when choosing the desks and chairs they’re to sit on every work day.