How do Interior Designers charge for their professional design time?Explore More
- Price per square foot - The service provider or designer will charge on the basis of the cost per square foot for the total floor space of your Interior Designing Project.
- Percentage basis - Depending on various factors like city, years of experience, etc - the designer will charge you a certain percentage of the total cost for the project.
- Inclusive of the product cost - The company or designer will add their design quotation to the overall cost of the products and materials that are being used for the project.
- Lumpsum amount - The ideal scenario of deciding upon a budget and quotation after understanding the requirements for the project.
Professional Time of Interior Designers
Interior Designers are no less than contractors that you hire to get most jobs done. It’s a common misunderstanding to think that interior designers charge a lumpsum amount for every project they work on. This is not true in all cases. Currently, there is no industry standard by which interior designers charge. Here are some parameters based on which most designers make a quotation:
- Price per square foot - The designer’s fee will be based on the total floor space that needs to be designed. Generally, cost per square foot can vary between $10 to $100, based on the designer or the service provider. This is exclusive of any product, material, or labor cost which will be an additional sum combined with the designer’s fee. It is advisable to agree on the offerings and deliverables before starting the project. Some designers may include woodwork and furniture, excluding soft furnishing. So, choose one that best meets your requirements.
- Percentage basis - Many designers charge a small percentage as their fee, from the final cost for the interior designing project. This essentially includes both the product and service charges. Ideally, this could vary between 6%-10%. In some special cases, the percentage can shoot up to a whopping 20% based on multiple factors like the city, area, building type, years of experience, etc. Hence, think wisely and consider every aspect when finalizing your designer.
- Inclusive of the product cost - Very often, the designer might charge you based on the products used and pitch the entire cost as the final quotation for the interior design project. For example, if a sofa set costs $50,000, the designer’s quotation will be $52,000. The materials, products, design fee, and the labor cost are added up for the final estimate of the project. In such cases, the overall cost is going to be an exclusive amount for the entire project once everything is finalized.
- Lumpsum amount - This is purely based on the designer’s preference as to how much they will be charging you for the project. This could be on the basis of any of the three parameters we have talked about – price per square foot, percentage basis, or an inclusive charge with the product cost. In many cases the designers charge an amount without a clear breakup of the quotation making it difficult to understand what, where and how they reached the estimate.
Advice – Understand your requirement and choose an option that fits every aspect of it. Whatever you opt for, keep an eye out for hidden charges. Make sure that you choose a designer/ service provider who is transparent about the cost and offers a logical reasoning for it.
Super professionals and helpful. I did not have any inconvenience, on the contrary they were always looking for a solution . I thank personally to Avi who took care of our contract from the beginning to the end.Also the delivery crew took special care when placed the items in our apartment and clean the furniture before they left . EXCELLENT SERVICE
Alexandra Cadenas, New York
The CasaOne team is absolutely amazing! I researched many furniture rental companies however I chose CasaOne due to their reasonable cost and efficiency. I ordered many items, including a bed frame, mattress, floor lamps, chairs and a dining table. All of which were in perfect condition. The delivery process was also very easy even during this current Covid-19 time. All their workers wore masks and took the necessary precautions.This company truly cares for their customers!
Taruna Ramnath, SF Bay Area
We needed to move my in-law to assisted living in the middle of the pandemic with not much notice. Wow! Super user friendly online ordering, quick delivery, great quality and flexibility. Wonderful customer service and communication. Truly and surprisingly a wonderful, easy experience, from order to payment processing, to delivery and follow up... such a welcomed relief! No stress! Highly recommend.
Cindy Kotler, Los Angeles
+1 (323) 984-7534
Mon-Fri :5:00 AM- 8:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun :9:00 AM- 3:00 PM PT