What is the sequence of phases that my design project will go through?Explore More
- Strategic planning phase
- Conceptual development phase
- Design development phase
- Construction development phase
- Construction and administration phase
Phases of Interior Designing
Primarily, there are five phases for every interior designing project. Here’s a closer look at each of these five phases:
- Strategic planning phase – In this phase the interior designer will study the space that needs to be worked on. The designer will then move on to understanding the people in the family, their behavior, the family culture, if there are any pets - in short, every bit of information about you and your lifestyle. Understanding these details will help the designer to come up with a plan that will best suit your personality and lifestyle.
- Conceptual development phase – This is the phase where the design functionality comes into play. Like with everything else, trends can be ever changing even when it comes to interior design. The intricate design trends from the ’80s and ’90s are long gone. Now, designers explore and work towards creating a design that fits well with your lifestyle and culture. In this phase, the basic ideas are converted into sketches, site plans, simple elevations, and refined floor plans.
- Design development phase – Once the initial design is approved by you, the next course of action is to get the ideas flowing. The goal is to create the perfect blend of the approved plan with the architectural style. This could lead to questions like - what are the right styling details to emphasize the furnishing? Upon agreement between both parties, the designer will then move forward to finalizing other aspects like sections, floor plans, elevations, colors, materials, etc.
- Construction documentation phase – Once the above-mentioned three phases are completed and approved by you, the documents are separated and passed on to the respective contractors to kickstart their work. This will include multiple contractors like carpenters, plumbers, painters, product vendors, and so on. The approved construction documents will then be sent for cost estimation and finalization.
- Construction and administration phase – This is the final phase where the real work starts. This is the most time-consuming phase and it is also where the documented plans turn into a reality. Construction begins according to specifications in the documentation and will be executed within the agreed budget and timeline.
Excellent customer service and quality from start to finish! From the ordering process through delivery and set-up everything went smoothly and as promised. Avishek was responsive on the front end, and Felipe did an outstanding job with delivery and installation. The furniture is exactly what I ordered. I highly recommend CasaOne!
Gianna M, New York
Johnny and Hector were amazing! They were quick, careful and professional moving this gorgeous furniture into our new rental apartment. This is a great company to work with as well. Their prices are right and their service, exemplary!
K C, Los Angeles
I never used a furniture rental companies before so I was a bit skeptical at first. And due to COVID, market in my area closed down and was not notified which made me more nervous about delivery. However, the delivery guys were super nice and came on time. All the furniture I received were new and easy to assemble. So far I am loving it!
Yoomin Shin, San Francisco
+1 (323) 984-7534
Mon-Fri :5:00 AM- 8:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun :9:00 AM- 3:00 PM PT